PrepAgent Review: Is It Right for Your Real Estate Education?
This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
Use Promo Code: FSB20 for 20% off
What We Recommend PrepAgent For
Students who aspire to become real estate agents can benefit from the extra practice provided by PrepAgent, helping them pass their state exams. It provides self-paced online learning on mobile, computer, and tablet devices while offering interactive vocabulary worksheets and live webinars for students who need some hands-on assistance. Plus, the no-risk, money-back guarantee ensures students feel they are satisfied with the program.
Who PrepAgent Is Good For
- Students who want live online instructor interaction: Some online exam prep courses provide only written materials for exam prep. With PrepAgent, you’ll receive interactive online instructor support through webinars and crash courses that can supplement textbook material learning. That’s why it’s named the best exam prep provider in states like New York, Florida, and Texas.
- Aspiring agents who need private tutoring options: Students may need individual attention from instructors to help them pass the test, especially if they feel timid asking questions in recorded webinars with other participants. The ability to purchase one-on-one tutoring from PrepAgent makes sure students are getting the support they need to pass the test on their first try.
- Students who need extra customer support: Typically, customer support can be reached by email or phone, but with PrepAgent, students get text support as well. This is beneficial for busy students who may not have the time to check emails or stay on the phone line. There is even a private Facebook group to provide additional support for exam-related questions. For this reason, it is one of the best exam providers in California.
Who PrepAgent Is Not a Good Fit For
- Students who require accredited real estate education: While PrepAgent provides exam prep, it does not provide any pre-, post-, or broker licensing education. For students who need coursework that fulfills their licensing education requirements, consider Real Estate Express.
- Learners who prefer unlimited access to exam prep materials: PrepAgent provides course access for one week, one month, or one year, which can be too short for certain students. For students who need extended time to study, check out The CE Shop, whose exam prep course is available for 15 months from the date of purchase.
- Students who want to take prelicensing courses with exam preparation included: Some real estate schools include exam prep as part of their prelicensing coursework. Switching to an external exam prep program adds a layer of unfamiliarity. For students who want to pay one price for a bundled licensing and exam prep program, take a look at Aceable Agent.
|Private tutoring available for additional practice||Basic plan only provides course access for 1 week|
|Free real estate practice tests||Live online webinars included only on the premium plan|
|Broker licensing preparation offered||No in-person courses|
|Crash real estate courses taught by private tutors||Prelicensing courses and continuing education only offered through partner schools|
|Package pricing is standard for all 50 states||No online chat customer support|
Real estate agents can choose from three packages offered by PrepAgent, depending on their learning needs and budgets. Each package is priced the same across all states for salespersons and brokers, starting at $59. This is helpful since most students have incurred additional expenses as they complete their prelicensing or broker licensing courses. However, the course access time does vary significantly based on the plan selected.
All packages offered by PrepAgent include a money-back guarantee, along with practice questions and explanations. Students pay a one-time fee for each package with no recurring charges. If students feel they would like to have added features offered in the premium and deluxe plans, they are all allowed to upgrade plans at any time. Upgraded plans offer exam prep videos, e-books, interactive flashcards, and access to live webinars.
Who Plan Is Best For
Fast learners who need some practice questions to supplement their studies
Students who are able to grasp exam concepts without access to webinars
Those who need extra instructor support and extended access to materials to pass their exam
Annual Price Range
Length of Course Access
Exam Prep Videos
Exam Prep eBooks
Types of Education Available
PrepAgent Exam Prep
PrepAgent offers real estate exam preparation in all 50 states with courses best suited for students who are currently enrolled or have recently completed salesperson or broker prelicensing courses. Based on the package purchased, each plan is tailored to varying levels of preparation for taking and passing the state test on the first try. All plans are online and self-paced. However, live webinars, interactive flashcards, and vocabulary worksheets can be added for additional costs.
Students who just want a quick refresher if they completed their prelicensing courses recently may only need a week to review the test materials available in the basic plan. However, as students need additional assistance and more live hands-on review, they can choose the Premium or Deluxe plan. Also, exam preparation materials cover both state and national content.
Private tutoring via web conferencing can be purchased for an additional $75 per hour to get one-on-one help studying with instructors. Schedule as many sessions as needed to feel comfortable with understanding state exam material. Tutoring is geared toward students who learn best with individualized attention. Instructors will initially gather information on learning styles, which topics and materials need review, and study habits. They’ll also be providing tips and tricks to help students pass the state exam.
Choose and schedule your private tutoring sessions
Real Estate Crash Courses
Crash courses from PrepAgent are live courses led by experienced private tutors for $69. Courses last three to four hours and are scheduled on the weekends. They cover the national and state exams along with a course specific to real estate math. The crash courses are meant for students currently studying for their state exam and are looking for one last review before taking the test. Since courses are live, students can interact with the instructor along with other participants for a live review of material expected to be on the exams.
PrepAgent’s online exam prep courses meet a variety of learning styles, so agents and brokers can start a successful real estate career. The features provided can be tailored toward visual or auditory learners based on what students need to best retain exam materials. In addition, the money-back guarantee protects the students’ interests if they are not satisfied with the course.
The following are standout features that help students maximize their exam preparation:
- Accessibility on multiple devices
- Interactive learning features
- Money-back guarantee
- Video and audio lessons
Students who are hesitant about their ability to pass the state or national exam should consider preparing with PrepAgent. The program is tailored to each state’s exam, and it delivers exam prep content through audio, visual, and easy-to-access materials. This allows students to retain the information and be successful real estate agents and brokers.
The website provides informative items like a real estate dictionary, free practice exams, and state exam information, and students can even sign up to receive a question of the day by email.
Accessible on Smartphone, Tablet & Computer
- Access to the course from the technology you already have
- Downloadable material can be used offline
- On-the-go learning
Being able to complete the exam prep courses on a smartphone, tablet, or computer allows PrepAgent students to access features like live webinars and tutoring from anywhere. It eliminates the need to commute to in-person classes and reduces any barrier that may hinder students from learning necessary content to pass the test, like not having a desktop available for use.
The mobile application provides a seamless user experience to access videos, flashcards, and webinars right from your phone instead of needing to use your phone’s browser, which might distort the experience. The mobile application is available on the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Topic-specific webinars
- Lead by qualified instructors
- Offered at the same time each day
Live webinars from PrepAgent offer interaction with both instructors and other students, although webinars are only offered with enrollment in the Premium plan. Each webinar focuses on one specific topic and is offered at noon Eastern Time or 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time five days a week.
If students are unable to attend webinars live, they are able to access an archive of past webinars that are categorized by date, topic, and host. The webinar replay also displays the chat box to show students’ questions and answers during the live webinar to mimic a live experience.
- Risk-free for students
- Must request within 120 days of purchase date
- Not contingent on whether the student passes the test
Students can complete their exam prep risk-free with PrepAgent’s money-back guarantee. All students need to do is request a refund within 120 days from the purchase date. This is one of the best guarantees in real estate education, especially since access to Basic and Premium courses expires before 120 days. Unlike other refund programs contingent on whether the student passes the exams, this guarantee is based on agents’ overall satisfaction with the course.
Interactive Online Flashcards
- Fun and easy way of learning
- No need to print out the cards
- Can go through flashcards as many times as desired
The online flashcards provided by PrepAgent are an interactive way to cover key real estate terminology. Each time a student accesses the flashcard section of the portal, the order in which the terminology appears changes for a different experience. The interface for the flashcards uses two distinct colors, blue and green, to distinguish the term from its definition. The digital cards also flip from front to back, creating an experience as you would have with physical flashcards.
Exam Prep Videos
- Short engaging videos
- Covers core real estate concepts
- Video transcript provided
The PrepAgent exam prep videos teach core real estate concepts using engaging animation and video transitions. Students can select individual topics on the video page for review, or they can auto-play each video topic in order. Students who want to enjoy more textbook learning or want to review the concepts can benefit from the transcripts provided beneath each video. Videos are available for unlimited viewing as long as the student still has access to the course.
- Can be accessed through the SoundCloud app on mobile phones
- Downloadable as an MP3 file
- Accessible on computer or smartphone
Audio lessons can be played on your mobile device, similar to listening to music or podcasts. To auto-play each short snippet of audio lessons, students can access the lessons through SoundCloud. Otherwise, audio can be accessed directly through the PrepAgent desktop page.
Students can even download the material to a compact disc to listen to while driving. This feature is especially beneficial to those who are auditory learners who prefer to learn by hearing and listening to retain information.
Ease of Use
Students are able to access exam preparation materials immediately after creating an account and completing the purchase. No software needs to be downloaded or installed to begin real estate exam preparation—only internet access is required. Once signed onto the exam prep dashboard, identifying which feature to participate in is as easy as pressing a button.
Since the program is self-paced, students are able to choose their own paths according to the topics they need the most practice in. They can choose to start with practice exams, vocabulary, or flashcards in no specific order. Audio lessons and e-books can be downloaded for easy offline access.
Best For: Completing courses on mobile application
Best For: One-to-one access to instructors
Best For: Affordable exam prep courses
Starting Price: Prelicensing includes exam prep $119*
Starting Price: Exam prep $99*
Starting Price: Salesperson exam prep $79*
*Pricing here is for comparative purposes; exact price range depends on course selection and format.
What Users Say in PrepAgent Reviews
Most of the positive PrepAgent reviews were from agents who passed their state exam on their first attempt to obtain their real estate license. Students found the material was organized and thorough in covering the topics found on the state tests, while others found the flashcards, practice tests, and videos excellent learning resources. One student even needed extra time to study, and PrepAgent provided an extension without any hassle.
- Facebook: 5 out of 5 based on 732 reviews
- Apple App Store: 4.5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews
There were limited negative reviews of the exam prep program. One user had difficulties creating an account directly through the mobile application. However, this is a limitation of the application store for in-app purchases. Students should create an account online prior to signing into the application. For students who want a seamless mobile application experience, Aceable Agent’s prelicensing and exam prep can be launched and completed directly through a mobile application.
For an interactive, risk-free, user-friendly platform to review exam materials, PrepAgent is a budget-friendly exam prep option. It provides the necessary content in various learning formats to ensure students retain information and pass the exam on the first try. It’s a great school for simple, straightforward learning and best for students who need just a little extra practice before they begin their real estate careers.