The 6 Best Auto Dialer Apps
This article is part of a larger series on VoIP.
Auto dialer apps save valuable time in any customer-facing department by dialing numbers automatically. This software has numerous uses, but not every app is created equal. Some only dial the next number on your list while others make calls automatically before you even hang up your previous call. To help narrow down your choices, we made a list of our six favorite auto dialer apps for desktop, Android, and iOS devices:
- Kixie PowerCall: Best overall auto dialer app for teams looking to improve connection rates.
- PhoneBurner: Great for sales teams that need an app flexible for everything from sales to customer service.
- CallHub: Top browser-based auto dialer alternative for call centers that want a pay-as-you-go option.
- Calley Automatic Call Dialer: Great option for teams that want a free, bare-bones auto dialer.
- CloudTalk: Ideal for large sales teams and contact centers that need an intelligent predictive dialer to optimize efficiency.
- MySalesDialerPro: Best auto dialer app for businesses that need an affordable, easy-to-use solution combined with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
Auto Dialer Apps
$29 per user, per month
4.50 out of 5
$126 per user, per month
4.31 out of 5
Metered or $199 per user, per month
4.13 out of 5
Free with a max of 25 calls per day
4.08 out of 5
$20 per user, per month
3.93 out of 5
$9.99 per user, per month
3.51 out of 5
Kixie PowerCall: Best Overall Auto Dialer for Small Businesses
What We Like
- Live call coaching lets you train agents better
- Instantly connect leads to your agents
- Machine learning (ML) increases your answer rates
- Difficult setup process
- Occasional software hiccups and app crashes
- Limited integrations
Kixie PowerCall Pricing at a Glance*
- Integrated: $29 per user, per month
- Professional: $55 per user, per month
- Enterprise: Talk to Sales
- Free trial: Seven (7) days
*Billed yearly; Kixie PowerCall also offers monthly plans.
Kixie PowerCall is a powerful auto dialer that includes features intended to improve answer rates and agent efficiency. It’s a great platform for everyone—from small businesses to enterprises due to its affordability and extensive functionality. Live call coaching lets your managers listen in on real-time calls while website lead syncing connects your leads from your website to your agents instantaneously.
It also has very competitive pricing that starts at just $29 as well as three subscription plans. This is also an app that has a seven-day free trial, so it’s easy to get a feel for the software before committing. Kixie PowerCall provides several popular integrations, but we suggest trialing the software to ensure it matches your needs.
Some of the popular features like developer APIs, live call coaching, and its intelligent auto dialer begin at its second tier, but since this is priced at only $55 per month, per user, it should be attractive for most small businesses. It must be noted that some users report software updates frequently occur at inopportune times. Still, for both pricing and features, this app stands out, especially compared to competitors like CallHub or PhoneBurner, which can run into the hundreds on a monthly basis.
Kixie PowerCall Features
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and ML learn from your calls to improve dialing and increase your connection rates
- Short message service (SMS) messaging functionality helps you connect with customers via text message
- Voicemail drop lets you leave a voicemail with a single click
- Live call coaching allows you to listen in on agent calls to help with training and barge in on calls to help when necessary
- Screen pops display all the information you need while the auto dialer rings your contacts
PhoneBurner: Best for Automated Telesales Workflows
What We Like
- Feature-rich platform
- Powerful mobile apps
- Responsive customer support
- Issues with audio quality at times
- Takes a bit of onboarding to learn the ins and outs of the app
- Lacks advanced customized reporting
PhoneBurner Pricing at a Glance*
- Standard: $126 per user, per month
- Professional: $152 per user, per month
- Premium: $169 per user, per month
*Billed annually; you can also choose a monthly billing option.
PhoneBurner’s power dialer is a great auto dialer for sales teams and contact centers that want a wide variety of useful features—from workflow automation to lead distribution. Plus, there’s a wide range of CRM and non-CRM integrations available, helping any business adapt PhoneBurner into their existing workflow.
These features make it a strong productivity booster for telesales teams. However, it’s not cheap. You’ll have to pay an entry-level fee of at least $126 per user, per month, which is significantly more than MySalesDialerPro’s $9.99 per user, per month. Its robust feature set also means it has a steeper learning curve than other auto dialers we compared, but the time spent learning the software could be well worth it in automated processes later.
While PhoneBurner’s apps aren’t the most intuitive tools on the market, it provides solid customer support. Whenever documentation is lacking, it’s quick and responsive to solve your problems and get you back using the app confidently in no time.
- Smart lead distribution lets you set customizable rules to ensure inbound calls reach the right agents automatically
- The power dialer lets you choose between preview mode―review contacts before you call―and power mode―call next client in the queue automatically
- Workflow automations lets you drop prerecorded voicemails or follow-up emails with a single click
- Empower your agents with local ID numbers to increase the chances their call will be answered
- Track your dialing activities and call outcomes automatically with performance reports and real-time dashboards
CallHub: Best Auto Dialer for Browser-based Dialing
What We Like
- Extensive browser-based app
- Pay-as-you-go pricing option
- Advanced predictive dialer
- Doesn't offer mobile apps
- Customer service has poor reviews
- Minor bugs crash or freeze the software
CallHub Pricing at a Glance*
- Lite: Pay-as-you-go
- Essentials: $199 per month for unlimited agents
- Scale: $499 per month for unlimited agents
- Enterprise: Customized pricing
- Free trial: 14 days
*Billed monthly. CallHub also offers quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly subscription options.
CallHub built a predictive dialer that works as a browser-based app rather than desktop software. The technology is also less focused on sales and customer support compared to the other tools on our list and more on launching survey campaigns, gaining user insights, and connecting calls via predictive dialing. However, none of CallHub’s plans charge per user, which can make it an ideal option for businesses with remote workers or involved in seasonal marketing campaigns.
Unfortunately, if you want functionality beyond CallHub’s Lite pay-as-you-go plan, you’ll have to pay a hefty entry-level price of $199. While this gives you access to unlimited agents, it’s far more expensive than a tool like MySalesDialerPro, which is just $9.99 per user, per month. Unless you have a large team already, it’s hard to justify the expense.
As far as predictive dialers go, it’s hard to find one more powerful than CallHub, though. The provider specializes in call blasting so that you can hit several numbers in a shortened amount of time. With CallHub, you upload your calling list via a standard Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or comma-separated values (CSV) file. There’s even a feature called dynamic caller ID that provides an ID automatically that displays a local number.
- Unlimited agent plans allow you to scale your teams as big as you’d like without hurting your budget
- Advanced analytics give you all the insights you need to stay on top of your goals and improve agent performance
- Multiple dialing modes let you switch between predictive, power, and preview dialing
- Send follow-up surveys from your calls that’ll automatically record responses in your CRM
- Connect CallHub to your tech stack with integrations with the most popular CRM software applications
Calley Automatic Call Dialer: Best Free Auto Dialer App
Calley Automatic Call Dialer
What We Like
- The free for life plan
- Pause the auto dialing at any time
- Uninterrupted mode keeps your agents on calls
- Outdated user interface
- Unreliable call recording
- Limited to five team members
Calley Automatic Call Dialer Pricing at a Glance
- Calley Personal: Free for life; 25 calls per day
- Calley Pro: $29 per user, per month
- Calley Teams: $59 per month for five users
Calley and CallHub are the only auto dialer apps on this list that include a free forever plan. It’s limited, but it can be a great entry-level tool for new users dabbling in auto dialing. Calley is more of a bare-bones auto dialer—it includes all the basics you’ll need to get up and running, but you won’t have access to popular CRM integrations or an Open API.
On the downside, Calley is limited to five users, and it’s relatively expensive for what you get unless you upgrade to the Calley Teams subscription. This gives you a five-user allowance, effectively reducing your cost to less than $12 per user, per month. If you need an app that’s scalable for a much larger team, look into CallHub, which has plans for an unlimited number of users.
Calley Automatic Call Dialer Features
- Create an unlimited number of lists with up to 10,000 contacts
- Uninterrupted mode starts your power dialer and ignores all other notifications
- Choose between Calley’s preview dialing or power dialing auto dialer
- Pause your dialing at any time and resume from where you left off or load a new list
- Cool-off timer gives your agents time to take post-call notes before jumping into the next call
Visit Calley Automatic Call Dialer
CloudTalk: Best Auto Dialer for Predictive & Smart Dialing
What We Like
- Powerful predictive dialer
- Intuitive dashboard with deep insights
- Builds a list of numbers for you automatically
- Contact status is sometimes inaccurate
- Mobile app can be glitchy
- Confusing setup and documentation
CloudTalk Pricing at a Glance*
- Starter: $20 per user, per month
- Essential: $25 per user, per month
- Expert: $40 per user, per month
- Customer: Customized pricing
- Free trial: 14 days
*Based on annual billing, but you can also subscribe to its monthly plans.
CloudTalk is one of the leading call center software platforms with a robust dialer. Its smart dialer crawls websites automatically to pull contact information and build lists while the predictive dialer uses AI to intelligently make calls and improve agent efficiency.
While CloudTalk does all the big things right, it falls short on some of the fundamentals. The mobile app is occasionally glitchy, leaving you with only the desktop app for making and receiving calls. With so many available features, setup can be tricky, and many users struggle to self-serve with pages of technical, confusing documentation. If you want an app that’s easier to use, go with MySalesDialerPro.
- CloudTalk features three different auto dialers: predictive, smart, and power
- Smart detection helps you learn which missed calls have been resolved to eliminate unnecessary callbacks
- Agent status lets you see your coworkers’ real-time availability
- Speech-to-text converts your calls and voicemails automatically into text to improve searchability
- Real-time customer cards give your agents an at-a-glance view of all your client’s information in one place
MySalesDialerPro: Best Affordable Auto Dialer App for Small Businesses
What We Like
- User-friendly Android and iOS apps
- Affordable pricing for small teams or at scale
- Intuitive reporting and analytics
- Doesn't include a free version
- Only one pricing tier available
- No Open API for custom integrations
MySalesDialerPro Pricing at a Glance
MySalesDialerPro: $9.99 per user, per month
MySalesDialerPro’s auto dialer stands for its affordability and ease of use. It’s not the most feature-rich platform and doesn’t include a full suite of integrations, but it gets the basics right across the board. This makes MySalesDialerPro an excellent option for small teams that need a reliable solution that only costs about $10 a month.
MySalesDialerPro’s app called FieldWorkMobility includes a few helpful features, like geo-tracking, messaging templates, reminders, and more. However, it lacks a free version and only includes one pricing tier as the other has been discontinued. Still, its one-and-only pricing subscription is cheaper than most alternatives and includes all of the app’s functionality. Businesses looking for a more scalable platform should consider PhoneBurner or CallHub.
- Geo track your customers or your agents to learn real-time location details
- Track the call statistics that matter with intuitive reporting on both web and mobile apps
- Create custom lists based on the criteria that you select
- Take your CRM on the go with MySalesDialerPro’s built-in solution or integrations with Salesforce
- Build an unlimited number of campaigns to track all your customer communications
How We Evaluated the Best Auto Dialer Apps
Auto dialer apps come in all shapes and sizes. Some are available on web browsers and desktops while others are limited to Android and iOS mobile devices. Well-rounded options provide built-in CRM functionality while others rely on the functionality of your business phone system or offer integrations with Open APIs [application programming interfaces]. More advanced options also use algorithms to predict when your current conversation will finish.
All of these considerations make it difficult to make a side-by-side comparison. Pricing is always a major concern, but we also looked at general voice-over-internet protocol (VoIP) features and ease of use to evaluate each app’s functionality and potential use cases. Finally, we looked at available CRM and non-CRM integrations.
Auto dialers help with outbound calling efficiency, but inbound calls are a major component too. Save your employees time while providing top-notch customer experiences with a live answering service. Compare our favorites in our guide to the best answering services.
Based on our evaluation, we found Kixie PowerCall to have the best auto dialer for small businesses. To start, it has some very useful features at all tiers of its three-tier plans. There’s a built-in interactive voice response (IVR) system at the base plan, which helps you route calls efficiently and provide customers with self-service options.
There are also developer APIs for businesses with dedicated information technology (IT) teams that can create additional integrations and application features. Finally, while it’s not designed for solopreneurs and lacks a free tier, its pricing is very competitive for businesses looking for affordability.
Here’s a breakdown of our evaluations:
- Pricing: We looked to see which apps offered a free version and how competitively priced the different plans are. We also checked to see if an annual pricing discount is available.
- General features: At a high level, we compared which apps included preview, power, and predictive dialers. Then, we looked at other functions like live call monitoring and analytics.
- Integrations: We compared the available CRM and non-CRM integrations and which apps offer Open APIs for developers.
- Expert score: We fiddled with the apps ourselves and looked at a range of customer reviews to see what real users are saying about the auto dialer apps.
Auto dialer apps come in all shapes and sizes. If you need a predictive dialer to boost your team’s efficiency, you’ll want to go with a tool like CloudTalk or CallHub. However, if you’re looking for a feature-rich power dialer, you’ll be better off with a platform like PhoneBurner or Calley.
Our top recommendation for small businesses is Kixie PowerCall. While its updates can be inconvenient, it has the right balance of features and affordability to make it practical in most business scenarios. It also has API options for dedicated developers, and a machine learning-based predictive dialer helps your agents stay productive throughout their shifts.